The Law Apprenticeships Guide
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
If you are weighing up whether to go to university or move straight into your career with an apprenticeship after finishing your GCSEs or A levels, The Law Apprenticeships Guide 2018 is here to help. Don’t worry if you have no prior knowledge of law or apprenticeships – we have assumed that you have questions which need answering before you decide your next step.
What is a law apprenticeship?
A law apprenticeship combines paid work and training at a law firm with part-time study for professional qualifications. It is an alternative path to going to university which offers the same career destinations, but avoids the expensive fees.
How do I decide whether a law apprenticeship is for me?
This guide helps you to:
- compare university and apprenticeship paths to enable you to easily appreciate what each has to offer;
- consider the different types of apprenticeship and where they lead;
- gain an understanding of what it’s like to work as a legal apprentice;
- check that you have the key skills needed to become a legal apprentice; and
- find out about current vacancies via the LawCareers.Net legal apprenticeships jobs board.