|Courses||Full Time||Part Time||Distance|
|Senior status law degree|
Westminster Law School is based in Little Titchfield Street in the heart of London.
One of London's leading providers of law education, Westminster Law School offers a range of full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as a number of highly regarded short and professional courses that benefit from the its central London location and close links to law firms.
Legal Practice LLM/LPC
For 2017/18, we are offering the LPC as part of a Masters' degree – an LLM in Legal Practice which incorporates both Stages 1 and 2 of the LPC. The total cost of the LLM is £14,500 (£12,500 for the LPC, an additional £2,000 to progress to the LLM).
The LPC at Westminster Law School
Our LPC equips you with the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful 21st-century lawyer. Our approach is friendly and supportive, with small interactive group work, allowing you to benefit from individual guidance and support. Using high-quality teaching materials sessions are set within a balanced timetable and replicate the tasks undertaken in real-life practice.
A distinctive feature of the course is the broad range of electives offered, mirroring areas of practice from high street to city firms. We are the only LPC provider currently authorised to refer students taking the Immigration elective for exemption from Level One of the Legal Service Commission's (LSC) Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme.
Students on the course benefit from:
- Expert knowledge and high-quality teaching delivered by our team of solicitors
- Personal tutor to support and guide you throughout the course
- Dedicated LPC resource room equipped with reference, computer and printing facilities and supported by an on-site administrator
- Flexible course content enabling you to tailor your course towards commercial or private client practice with a choice of 12 electives
- Strong links with legal professionals who provide mentoring, work shadowing or work placements
- Opportunities to develop your employability such as working with real-life clients on housing, family or property cases in our student law clinic, or participating in national negotiating, mediation and interviewing competitions
- Tailored careers support, including help with CVs and cover letters, interview and psychometric test practice workshops and an annual legal careers fair
- Highly competitive course fees with course materials, texts and manuals
This intensive conversion course is designed for non-law graduates of any discipline or overseas law graduates who wish to qualify as either barristers or solicitors in the UK.
We have been successfully running this conversion course since 1977 and our students come from a wide range of universities and professional backgrounds. Our teaching team contains a rich mix of those who are professionally qualified and others who are active researchers. The course therefore provides a highly stimulating learning experience.
Students on the course benefit from:
- Small class sizes and small tutorial groups for a more personal experience and individual support
- Opportunities to participate in real-life cases through the student law clinic or enter national negotiating, mediation and interviewing competitions
- A personal tutor who supports you throughout the course
- Significantly lower fees than other leading London providers
- Extensive careers support through our Career Development Centre, including CV and cover letter guidance, and workshops covering interview and psychometric tests
Westminster Law School also offers a range of Masters in Laws (LLM) degrees in a diverse range of subjects from entertainment law to corporate and finance Law. All of our postgraduate Masters courses are orientated to the real world and legal practice and are also linked to one of the School's research centres. In addition they are taught by staff who are not only qualified educationalists, but who are active researchers passionate about their subject area.