Who's eligible

updated on 07 March 2024

Use the sub menu above to find out more about what you learn, where to study, law school sponsorship and more!

To be eligible for the PGDL/law conversion course, students must hold a degree (honorary degrees don’t count) from a UK institution or an overseas institution that the SRA considers to be an equivalent.

Alternatively, a student can hold academic and vocational qualifications that the SRA deems equivalent to a degree.

Entry requirements for specific education providers can be found on their individual websites and could vary. For example, while BPP’s requirements are a minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) from a UK institution (or overseas equivalent), the university also notes that those who don’t meet the entry requirements but have “other qualifications, strong references or relevant work experience” should contact the university, which can then review your options.

If you’re unsure whether you fit this criteria, contact the SRA (0370 606 2555 or https://www.sra.org.uk/home/contact-us/).

Find out more

What you learn

Where to study

Law school sponsorship

When and how to apply