When and how to apply

updated on 01 February 2023

Use the sub menu above to find out more about who is eligible, what you learn, where to study and more!


This information applies to non-law graduates pursuing the barrister route and non-law graduates pursuing the solicitor route who meet the SRA’s transitional arrangements (ie, you started your GDL on or before 31 December 2021).

You should apply for a place on a law conversion course from September onwards in your final year at university. There’s no longer a closing date for applications; rather, applications are dealt with as they’re submitted and institutions are notified weekly of new submissions.

Applications for full-time places must be made through the Central Applications Board. Although online applications are greatly preferred, you can phone 01483 451080 to request a hard-copy form. Applications for part-time courses must be made direct to the provider. Queries should be sent to [email protected].

Find out more

Who is eligible

What you learn

Where to study

Law school sponsorship