Capsticks Solicitors LLP - Paralegal
- Salary: £19,000 pa
- Location: Winchester Winchester
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£38m and 400 staff - including more than 250 fee earners - across its 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main roles and responsibilities will be to support other fee earners in the team in all aspects of their caseload, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the defence of housing disrepair claims
- Drafting and issuing the response to letters of claim under the pre-action protocol for housing disrepair
- Organising expert inspection of properties subject to claims
- Undertaking research;
- Preparing bundles for court;
- Drafting routine correspondence, court applications and statements under supervision;
- General case management (including liaising with the courts, clients and opponents, and advocates);
- Instructing advocates/counsel where necessary;
- Preparing disclosure of documents; and
- Any other duties as reasonably requested, including assisting with leasehold litigation, including service charge disputes
Paralegals are expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and have a responsive and proactive approach to the work. Candidates should have:
- experience of similar work would be an advantage (but not essential as training
- will be given)
- an LPC, BVC or Law Degree (or similar) qualification;
- good communication skills;
- good administration skills; and
- good IT skills.
Experience of Social Housing would be advantageous although not essential. Candidates will however be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are proactive; and
- are self-motivated.
Candidates should be available to start immediately, or as soon as possible, and if you are interested in applying for this position please visit our website and submit your CV via our website. Please note we are only able to respond to candidates we call for interview.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.