Capsticks Solicitors LLP - Paralegals
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Salary: £19,000 pa plus bonus
- Commencing: As soon as possible
- Location: Leeds Leeds
- Hours: 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£41m and over 420 staff - including 300 fee earners - across 5 offices nationally and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com
The regulatory team is looking to expand a team of paralegals in the Leeds office to assist the qualified team on regulatory casework. The main roles and responsibilities will include (although, this is not an exhaustive list):
- supporting fee earners in aspects of their casework;
- working to an annual chargeable hours target;
- witness liaison;
- preparing witness statements;
- instructing experts;
- putting together trial bundles;
- attending conferences with Counsel/ experts/ clients;
- attending hearings before statutory committees (not advocacy); and
- any other duties as reasonably requested.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to take on more responsibility and have a varied caseload in a fast paced but supportive environment.
Candidates should ideally have:
- an LPC or BVC qualification (LPC would be preferred but is not essential);
- current/ recent experience of working for regulators / within the regulatory arena;
- ability to adhere to and manage deadlines;
- good drafting and writing skills;
- good communication skills;
- good administration skills; and
- good IT skills.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are able to work well under pressure;
- are proactive; and
- are self-motivated.
Candidates must ideally be available to start immediately (or as soon as possible) and if you are interested in applying for this position please apply via the vacancies section on our website at www.capsticks.com.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.