- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Liverpool
- Hours: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
MLA is the market leader in industrial disease medical reporting in the UK. MLA is renowned for its extensive and experienced industrial disease expert panel and delivering exceptional service to its solicitor clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an industrial disease case manager who will be responsible for the management of industrial disease medical evidence instructions. Working under the support of an industrial disease solicitor instructions will include, but will not limited to, NIHL, Mesothelioma, Occupational Asthma, HAVS, RSI, CBI and Dermatitis.
Applications are invited from ambitious paralegals, case managers and legal assistants. Experience in industrial disease is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Managing a caseload of approx. 250 ID medical reporting instructions to a high standard
- Setting diary tasks to ensure the proactive management of caseload
- Setting up new client files
- Reviewing solicitor instructions and nominating appropriate experts
- Obtaining quotes and service turnarounds for appointments/reports from experts
- Arranging and confirming of appointments
- Managing requests for medical records/scans
- Quality checking of medical reports against a detailed list of requirements per case type
- Carrying out technical reviews of audiograms, completing pre med questionnaires with clients and a review of medical records to highlight limitation and causation issues
- Build strong relationships with new and existing solicitor clients
- Ensure solicitor queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Achieve targets, service levels and Key performance indicators
- Build strong relationships with existing Expert panel
- Assist with arranging annual expert/solicitor seminars
- Assist with compiling a quarterly expert newsletter to cover relevant case law and industry developments
- Identify improvements where necessary and make recommendations to the Supply Manager
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
All employees are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post.
- Strong analytical skills
- A positive attitude with the ability to keep an open mind
- A passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care
- An eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Proactive with a drive to make things happen
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Enthusiastic and resourceful
In addition to these skills the candidate will require the following:
- English and Maths to G.C.S.E standard Grade C or equivalent
- Completed a degree or equivalent desirable
- Previous legal experience desirable
- Prioritisation skills
- Delivery focused, ability to deliver
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment to address business needs
- Computer literate