- Location: Wimbledon, Leeds, Birmingham, Winchester and Chorley Wimbledon, Leeds, Birmingham, Winchester and Chorley
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£41m and over 420 staff - including 300 fee earners - across 5 offices nationally and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.
The main role and responsibilities will include helping a partner and solicitors in aspects of their casework including (although, this is not an exhaustive list):-
- general case management;
- assisting fee earners;
- working to a chargeable hours target;
- drafting general correspondence and documents;
- preparing and drafting reports to the client;
- proof reading documents;
- undertaking research;
- liaison with clients and analysing evidence received in order to advise the client;
Supervision, support and relevant training will be provided although the successful applicant will also be encouraged, where appropriate, to use their own initiative.
Candidates should ideally have:
- an LPC or BVC qualification (LPC would be preferred but is not essential);
- a 2:1 undergraduate degree;
- strong IT skills;
- ability to adhere to and manage deadlines;
- good written skills;
- good administration skills; and
- good communication skills;
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are able to work well under pressure;
- are proactive; and
- are self-motivated.
Candidates must ideally be available to start immediately (or within one month) and if you are interested in applying for this position please apply by sending your covering letter and CV via the vacancies section on our website at www.capsticks.com.
Candidates should be aware:
- As part of the interview process there will be a written test, details of which will be provided to those candidates the firm calls for interview; and
- the firm is only able to respond to candidates we call for interview.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.
To apply, please click here.