- Job type: 12 month contract
- Commencing: August 2017
As part of the Bosch Group’s annual student intern programme, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated, selfstarter to join its commercial legal department as a paralegal. This is an ideal placement for a law graduate seeking, or preparing to start, a training contract or pupillage, and is an excellent opportunity to engage with an exciting variety of legal challenges and gain commercial experience at one of the world’s largest technology companies. With a 2015 global turnover of 70 billion Euros, and 375,000 associates worldwide, the United Kingdom is one of Bosch’s largest and most diverse jurisdictions for commercial sales and manufacturing. The Bosch Group’s UK legal department advises each of Bosch’s divisions, including: automotive technology, industrial technology, consumer goods and energy and building technology; as well as working on projects such as smartphone applications, global projects and mergers and acquisitions.
- Paralegal role within its commercial legal department.
- The role includes reviewing and drafting legal documents, negotiating with stakeholders and customers and liaising with each of the business divisions;
- The successful candidate will be required to research a variety of legal issues and take the lead in managing bespoke projects.
- Commercial contract drafting is a key aspect of the role, as well as agreeing and drafting confidentiality agreements and approving company promotions and social media campaigns. These responsibilities will enable the paralegal to develop a good understanding of contractual formation and Customer/Supplier negotiations;
- The role also includes elements of competition, advertising, employment, intellectual property, corporate and litigation work. In addition to the primary role of paralegal, the candidate will also support the wider corporate standards department. This comprises compliance, data protection, health and safety, international trade and tax.
- The paralegal will report into the Legal director for Bosch in the UK. The legal department is responsible for all legal matters affecting the Bosch businesses in the UK (excluding the Bosch Home Appliances business).
- Law degree graduate (other graduate disciplines will be considered, including those graduates seeking a law conversion)
- IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Self motivated, confident and enthusiastic team player
- Either studying, or completed, the Legal Practice Course or Bar Vocational Course or equivalent;
- Previous legal vacation scheme, paralegal or in-house legal experience
- An active interest in commercial and company law
- Seeking a career as a solicitor or barrister
- A good understanding of how businesses operate
- General understanding of EU regulatory matters and compliance, including data protection, competition law and the Bribery Act
Please note that this position is only available to a student who has already graduated. If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
We would like you to start your internship in August 2017 for 12 Months.
Make it happen. Apply now. Reference number LEG1.
Please send you CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.