- Location: Mayfair, London
Ardian, founded in 1996 and led by Dominique Senequier, is an independent private investment company with assets of US$60bn managed or advised in Europe, North America and Asia. The company, which is majority-owned by its employees, keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and delivers investment performance to its global investors while fuelling growth in economies across the world. Ardian’s investment process embodies three values: excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship.
Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 450 employees working through twelve offices in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Zurich, New York, San Francisco, Beijing, Singapore, Jersey, Luxembourg. The company offers its 560 investors a diversified choice of funds covering the full range of asset classes, including Ardian Funds of Funds (primary, early secondary and secondary), Ardian Private Debt, Ardian Buyout (including Ardian Mid Cap Buyout Europe & North America, Ardian Expansion, Ardian Growth and Ardian Co-Investment), Ardian Infrastructure, Ardian Real Estate and Ardian Mandates.
We are now seeking a paralegal to join our in house legal team based in Mayfair, London. Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with other teams located mainly across Europe and the USA to organise meetings between board and investment committee members
- Collaborate with and provide legal support to other departments
- Providing general UK corporate and company secretarial assistance
- Drafting agendas, minutes and memorandums for meetings .
- Preparing updates/presentations/reporting on topics relevant to investment fund structuring and corporate governance
- Maintaining the corporate minute books and collections of original documents
- Corresponding directly with third parties including law firms and administrators
- Organise and maintain databases and files (scanning and classifying documents – electronic and hard copy)
- Liaising with the fund finance and third party service providers regarding the payment of invoices and develop and maintain a comprehensive and organized payment of invoices system
- Undertaking legal research
- Proof reading to ensure all documentation is accurate and error-free
- Filing, having agreements signed and distributing to appropriate parties
- Managing team members’ diaries
- Legislative and regulatory developments review
The role would suit candidates who have undertaken some legal academic studies but have not undertaken a training contract. We would also consider those without any legal qualifications provided they could point to relevant experience. Prior paralegal, legal assistant or legal executive experience is of course an advantage. Key skills you will possess include:
- Excellent organisational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, dealing professionally and politely with people internally and externally
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- In attainment or pursuit of a recognised paralegal qualification
- Takes initiative and looks at different ways in which to add value to existing matters and processes
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further on a confidential basis, please contact Syed Nasser, Managing Director of Stephen Bell Legal (exclusively retained search consultant) on:
Phone number: 020 3709 4131
Out of hours: 07960 739 158
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for each of our roles we are unable to respond on an individual basis. If you have not received a response within seven days of having submitted your details, it is likely that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please note our experience/salary levels act purely as a guide and we will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to fulfil the role.