- Location: Hounslow, West London Hounslow, West London
- Closing date: Friday 14 September 2018
- Hours: 9.00 - 5.00 Monday to Friday (lunch 1-2pm)
- Reports to: Supervising solicitor
Lovell Chohan Solicitors is one of West London’s most dynamic legal firms our resources, reputation and business approach means we offer our clients local and national access to a wide range of legal services with accessible and centrally located offices.
Thanks to our staff, we continue to go from strength to strength. We are a progressive and ambitious firm dedicated to our clients and staff. We take the view that people are the key in driving our firm forward, thus enabling us to provide a quality service.
Here at Lovell Chohan we are continually looking out for bright, enthusiastic, hard working individuals in the categories of Family, Housing, Litigation and Civil Law. If you think you have the requisite expertise and skill and / or feel you can provide a service that would benefit this firm and our clients, we would like to hear from you.
Building on our success as one of West London's independent law firms, we currently have two vacancies for trainee solicitors to commence upon successfully completing a 24 month period as a paralegal with the firm.
If you have the drive and ambition to make an effective contribution to our firm, we can further offer a competitive salary package, excellent annual leave and a comfortable working environment once you have completed your training contract with us. This of course is subject to the needs of the business at the time.
Lovell Chohan Solicitors are an equal opportunities employer and are authorised by the Law Society to employ and train individuals wishing to become solicitors and pursue a career in the legal profession. Full on the job training is provided as standard with an opportunity to work in other areas of law.
To support the conveyancing department supervisor by providing assistance to clients, prospective clients, agents, lenders and other members of the conveyancing team.
- To assist in the management of cases by actioning legal procedures as directed by the supervising solicitor.
- To assist the conveyancing department in the management of cases by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
- To assist in the processing of matters on a timely and cost-effective basis.
- To provide support in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the supervising solicitor.
- To attend to clients, taking instructions, and conducting letter and telephone enquiries as necessary
- To use the correct Practice procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To improve and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing and prospective clients.
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross – sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- To comply with all the firm’s policies and procedures
- To ensure our clients received the best possible service at all times
- To ensure our introducers and agents of business receive the best possible service at all times.
- Linking post
- Log post in
- Using live reports and portals
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Money Laundering Policy Guidelines.
- Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day.
- Produce contract documentation in accordance with the firm’s procedures and policies
- Raise pre-contract enquiries
- Order searches
- Various other work or tasks as directed by the supervising solicitor
Interested parties should apply in writing, enclosing a CV to:
Lovell Chohan Solicitors
44-50 Bath Road
Tel: 020 8570 6661
Fax: 0844 216 0844