Mundays LLP - Paralegal and personal assistant roles
- Location: Weybridge Weybridge
- Hours: 36 – 38.5 hours per week
Mundays is a well-established reputable Legal 500 firm operating from modern offices in London and Weybridge. We are a leading firm recognised for the quality of our work and our in depth knowledge, acting for both commercial and private clients.
We are looking to recruit a paralegal to join our highly regarded residential property team. To provide support and assist the residential development team on plot sales, site acquisitions and the refinancing of development sites. Duties will include land registry applications, collating documents, chasing replies and instructions, and preparing title packs.
The successful candidate will be proactive, and committed to offering first class services to the clients. A good academic record and previous experience within residential property is essential.
- Help the team with residential property matters.
- Working directly with clients and partners and assisting the property team
- Assist with post exchange aspects of purchase and sale transactions and see them through to completion.
- Assist with all aspects of post completion matters including registration and SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) applications
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 12 months good solid experience in handling residential conveyancing matters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Capable of carrying out direction from senior members of the team.
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general departmental support.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent file management skills and able to work efficiently under pressure
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable; capable of meeting financial targets
- A personable and confident manner
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills
- Ideally have completed the GDL or LPC, although this is not essential.
Personal assistant – family
Reporting to the head of family you will assist their day to day work by providing support and an effective secretarial and administrative service.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Providing full PA/secretarial support to include assisting fee earners with forms in Quantum e.g Forms E, scheduling documents, preparing court bundles and briefs to counsel.
- Companies House and Land Registry searches.
- Using a digital dictation system to produce correspondence and other documentation related to family matters.
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate electronic and physical client and pleadings files.
- Assistance in general team administration including taking calls and directing accordingly, diary management, arranging meeting room bookings, meeting and greeting clients, , filing, file opening, assisting with money laundering requirements and archiving.
Skills and requirements
- Recent PA/legal secretary/assistant experience in family law
- Strong and efficient secretarial and admin skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
- Fast, accurate typing ability, ideally using digital audio systems
- Experience of using case management system desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very well organised
- Friendly & professional attitude
- IT literate – Microsoft Word / excel / outlook / digital audio software / case management / Quantum
Personal assistant – corporate commercial
The PA’s principal role is to provide lawyers with the administrative support they need to provide seamless legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning tasks. The PA will become involved in all aspects of the management and execution of their team’s day-to-day workload by providing exceptional and proactive administrative support. The PA will act as a coordinator for other support services including delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work. The PA will take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirements to provide exceptional service levels to both the lawyers and clients.
- Manage diaries, ensuring that the lawyers are kept up-to-date of meetings.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
- Arrange or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, emails and faxes.
- Arrange for files to be opened, closed and archived, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping.
- Ensure the fee earners satisfies AML requirements for clients.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations.
- Manage your workloads accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Implement business initiatives and act as an advocate in relation to these.
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of fee earners as required.
- Liaise with other team secretaries over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners.
Client relationship management
- Play an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm’s contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Quality check correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations and faxes produced by the document production team before they are passed to the relevant lawyer and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate.
- Amend various documents as requested by fee earners.
- Type correspondence and emails.
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
- Drafting standard contracts and transfers.
- Completion of various laserforms and stock transfer forms.
- Requesting and obtaining company searches.
- Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system.
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
- Liaise with accounts to produce invoices.
- Setting up transfer and CHAPS payments.
- Liaising with relevant parties to set up escrow and retention accounts.
PA duties will also include:
- Assisting others in the department whenever there is spare capacity or it is evident that a colleague needs assistance with their workload.
- Picking up telephone calls for other members of the department when they are away from their desk.
- Participating in a lunchtime telephone rota within the PA team.
- Working effectively with other legal and support departments as required.
- Any other relevant duties as reasonably requested by fee earners or a person of an appropriate seniority.
- Identify and take responsibility of your own training needs and recognise areas in which you may require additional training in order to undertake your role in a more efficient and effective manner.
Skills and experience
We are looking for a driven individual who is educated to an O-level or GCSE standard. A PA has the responsibility to ensure that their skill set is up-to-date and they are familiar with the firm’s departments, key personnel, clients, internal systems and procedures. This will ensure that the PA is able to carry out his or her role effectively and, where appropriate, discuss any training requirements with their head of department or the training manager.
In addition to this, they should have/be:
- Previous experience in dealing with corporate commercial work.
- Fast and accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools and other systems implemented by the firm.
- Excellent telephone manner, communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative and able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable, enthusiastic and a team player.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others and be able to adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude and have a positive approach to daily tasks.
- Have a solutions-focussed working method.
Customer service is the key differentiator between a good company and a great company and is critical to the success of any organisation that deals with customers. Every contact with a client whether it is face-to-face, over the phone or in writing, is a “moment of truth”. A period of time where you have the opportunity to meet and exceed that clients’ needs, provide value, gain trust, respect and ultimately, loyalty to your company.
All employees of Mundays, regardless of which role they carry out, must ultimately demonstrate exceptional client service at the heart of everything they do.
To apply for a role at Mundays, please send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager, Kay Murdoch email@example.com stating the role you wish to apply for.