Harris da Silva Solicitors - Training contract
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Salary: Minimum salary for trainee solicitors recommended by the Law Society
- Commencing: Within 3 months of the closing date 5 September 2019
- Location: City of London City of London
- Closing date: Thursday 5 September 2019
Harris da Silva is a boutique, well established law firm based in the City of London, offering legal services to both private and commercial clients which range from PLCs, private companies and individuals for the last 35 years.
We are recruiting a trainee with a law degree background. As a trainee you will work closely with a partner trained by same with proven records and will be given responsibility from the outset. Candidates need to be able to commence employment as soon as possible. The successful applicant will undertake a two year training contract in different practice areas.
Key skills required
The successful candidate must have:
- A good academic background and a minimum of 2.1 in a law degree;
- Applicants must have completed and passed their Legal Practice Course;
- Business acumen;
- Excellent IT skills.
Key duties to being a trainee:
- Meeting clients;
- Researching relevant areas of law and proposing courses of action to clients either through their supervisor;
- Drafting letters, pleadings and other legal documents;
- Supporting the supervisor when acting on behalf of clients;
- You need to be happy in a team yet capable of working independently, to show ability for lateral thinking and able to pay close attention to detail.
Type of practice
General commercial, general practice.
Civil litigation, matrimonial, human rights, medical negligence, company and commercial, employment, insolvency and personal injury.
Please apply by sending your covering letter and CV (minimum academic requirement 2.1) to HR: email@example.com.