Burlingtons Legal LLP - Property/real estate paralegal with a view to a training contract
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Salary: £24,000 pa
- Job type: Full-time (6 month contract)
- Commencing: Mid-October 2017
- Closing date: Sunday 1 October 2017
- Vacancies: Two
Two full time paid paralegal positions each for six month fixed term contract in a busy real estate/property department of an international law firm, at its headquarters in London Bond Street. Nearest tube station is Bond Street (Central line and Jubilee Line). Offices in London, Moscow, Almaty, Malta and others.
***THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR A TRAINING CONTRACT AFTER EXPIRATION OF THE 6 MONTH PARALEGAL CONTRACT FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WHO DEMONSTRATES EXEMPLARY SKILLS. THERE ARE TWO VACANCIES AVAILABLE***
90% of our previous work experience/paralegal candidates have now secured training contracts within our firm hence the need to recruit further.
The successful candidate will work directly with residential and commercial property partners. Tasks will include but not limited to, conducting title investigations and drafting title reports, undertaking searches, preparing land registry and HMRC applications, legal research, site visits, client networking, plus general office duties such as photocopying and file management. A sociable firm.
The candidate will be expected to attend client meetings alongside a partner, and in instances and under supervision, deal with clients and opposing lawyers direct.
- Candidate must have already passed all modules of the LPC, be IT competent, possess excellent file management skills, and have a good telephone manner.
- Fluent ability in written and spoken English is essential. Fluent ability in written and spoken Russian and/or Mandarin is not essential, but is a distinct advantage in view of our international clientele.
- Substantial previous practical (not just academic) property law experience is essential as the candidate will be expected to assist on live files "hands on and running”. If you do not possess substantial practical property law experience, please do not apply.
- Subject to holiday entitlement, the candidate will be expected to attend the offices for the entire contract, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 6:00pm. If not available for that entire duration, please do not apply.
Applications to be made by email attaching a one page tailored covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are urged to highlight and detail real estate experience. If you do not possess actual practical property law experience, please do not apply. Interviews (which will include an oral property law examination) will be conducted at the London office.