|Courses||Full Time||Part Time||Distance|
|Senior status law degree|
London South Bank Law School is home to an award-winning Legal Advice Clinic and houses specialist teaching rooms to provide practice opportunities for our law and education students respectively. Our courses are accredited by relevant professional bodies and we facilitate the development of employability and other generally transferable skills.
Students are supported throughout their studies but encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and development. We are an ambitious School that seeks to challenge students and staff to make a difference in the real world with a School-wide focus on concepts of "social justice" and "global responsibility".
The focus of our research encompasses issues such as race, gender, pedagogy, international development and the urban environment.
Southbank Law School offers:
- - We offer a broad range of qualifying Law degrees which are delivered by highly experienced teaching staff who are qualified solicitors / barristers.
- - Free iPad and core e-books. We know law textbooks can be costly so we provide you with all your core text books for free. You get e-copies as well as hard copies and a free iPad Mini to read them on.
“Making the iPads available to us is one of the best things about the Law Department. It enables us to access materials readily and be in touch with everything”. Theodora Anah – Law LLB (Hons)
- - Experienced and dedicated careers consultants. Our training contract, pupillage and employability figures are consistently high.
- - Vocational courses taught by teaching staff who are experienced lawyers, some still practising, bringing relevant legal experience into their teaching.
- - A brand new Legal Advice CentreClinic that puts theory into practice, allowing students to develop professional confidence, case management experience and client care skills. Legal Advice Clinic staff member Sara Chandler was awarded an Honorary QC in 2016.
- - Additional support by way of podcasts of all our lectures and e-quizzes with feedback on our VLE.
- - A lecture series given by legal practitioners giving students an insight into working in the legal profession.
The Law Conversion Course - Legal Studies Common Professional Exam CPE/ PG Diploma/LLM is an accredited conversion course for non-law graduates aiming for a professional career in law.
- - Recognised by the Bar Standards Board and Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- - On successfully completing the CPE you are eligible to enter the Legal Practice Course (for intending solicitors) or the Bar Professional Training Course (for intending barristers), which has some additional entry requirements including an aptitude test and English language proficiency.
- - Scholarships available.
- - Dissertation for the award of an LLM
Our Law Division offers a wide range of degrees, giving our students the opportunity to specialise in a field of their interest, whilst at the same time obtaining a qualifying Law Degree, recognised by the Professional Bodies.
London South Bank University Law School offers the following undergraduate courses:
- - Law - LLB (Hons)
- - Criminal Law - LLB (Hons)
- - Family Law - LLB (Hons)
- - Business Law - LLB (Hons)
- - Human Rights - LLB (Hons)
- - Entertainment and Media Law - LLB (Hons)
- - Law with Criminology - LLB (Hons)
In addition to our academic provision, our students have the opportunity to participate in relevant and meaningful extra-curricular activities, which include:
- - Volunteering in our award-winning Legal Advice Clinic
“In the Legal Advice Clinic I had the opportunity to interview clients and give them legal advice which was an amazing opportunity and a good insight of what I will be doing once I start working in a law firm”. James Opong Nsiah – Law LLB (Hons)
- - Volunteering in LSBU/Lambeth County Court Scheme
- - Participate in training to enable our students to teach students in our partner colleges to perform in a mock trial and to teach them about their rights and responsibilities – through our Street Law Programme
- - Opportunities for work placements through compulsory module ‘Working in the Law’
- - Mooting with opportunity to enter national competitions
- - Student run Law Society
- - Attendance at numerous careers events designed to inform our students about work and to enhance their employability
The combination of a supportive academic environment, providing students with the option to specialise in their chosen field, together with our unique extra-curricular activities, means that we have very satisfied, happy students, supported by the fact that LSBU is the No 2 London Modern University for Law – The Guardian 2016.
London South Bank Law School offers a range of flexible Masters in Law (LLM) degrees. Our courses provide varied and exciting opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills in a range of compelling subject areas including: Civil Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Crime, International Commercial Law, International Criminal Law and Procedure and International Human Rights and Development.
We enjoy strong links with a number of leading European Law Faculties, including Universitie Cergy Pontoise in France, INHOLLAND University in the Netherlands and Zagreb University in Croatia and have welcomed various guest lecturers such as Ko Aung, Burma Human Rights Campaigner, Vera Baird, QC, MP, Joel Bennathan, QC, Barrister, Sir Geoffrey Bindman, Solicitor, Imran Khan, Solicitor and Roger Smith, Director of Justice to teach our students.
Scholarships are available.
London South Bank University Law School offers the following postgraduate courses:
- - Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution – LLM
- - Crime and Litigation – LLM
- - International Criminal Law and Procedure – LLM
- - International Human Rights and Development - PgDip / LLM
- - International Commercial Law – LLM
- - Law Conversion Course - Legal Studies - Common Professional Exam (CPE) PgDip / LLM
- - Law PhD
If you would like to visit the university, you can attend one of our many open days or arrange to join a guided campus tour. Click here for more information on what’s on at London South Bank University.
Fees and funding
Our high student to staff ratio and our emphasis on developing skills for your future career mean you will be getting excellent value.
For more information about fees or funding, please click here.
Located minutes from the centre of London, LSBU has been preparing and developing students for their working lives for over 120 years. Here at LSBU we put our students first and almost 2,000 International students from over 130 countries have chosen this University.
We're committed to giving our students the very best opportunities and education. This means we give our students not only the qualifications but the skills and knowledge for their careers. We offer real-world courses, scholarships and fee discounts, first class facilities, teaching and learning excellence and dedicated welfare and careers advisors.
Find out more about studying at London South Bank University by clicking here.
London South Bank Division of Law recognises the importance of future employability, whatever legal career you’re aiming for, LSBU’s Law courses have something to offer.
Many of our graduates go on to become solicitors or barristers. Additionally, changes in the legal services market are creating a rising demand for additional roles, such as paralegals and legal executives.
A law degree is not just for aspiring lawyers. Law graduates are sought after in a wide range of sectors because of their exceptional analytical and communications skills.
Whatever career route you choose to take, our Law degree programmes provide opportunities such as our award winning Legal Advice Clinic which provides legal work experience, compulsory modules to aid with finding placements, careers and networking events, alternative route in the legal profession and the opportunity to give back to society for students to become more employable.