On this page you will find details of legal apprenticeship positions available at various law firms and organisations. The page is updated as and when we are made aware of new positions. Please keep checking back to find out about new opportunities.
For more on what it's all about, see our "What is a legal apprenticeship?" page.
Current apprenticeships available at:
- Location: Liverpool or Manchester
- Entry requirements: BBB at A level
- Application deadline: 31 January 2015
- Salary: National minimum wage during training/market rate once ILEX course completed
- Location: All offices - state which office(s) you are interested in working in.
- Entry requirements: Four GCSEs, which must include English, plus at least two other academic subjects. All GCSEs must be at grade C or above.
- Salary: Will be based on statutory apprenticeship rate, with phased incremental increases as you progress
- Location: Dorchester
- Apprenticeship level: Level 2 intermediate apprenticeship in legal administration, with the opportunity to progress to the level 3 advanced apprenticeship in legal services.
- Entry requirements: At least five GCSEs at A* to B grade or be expecting to gain at least three A levels at A* to B grade
Specialist conveyancing firm bpl, the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) and Vision Apprentices have teamed up to be able to offer the new level 2 intermediate apprenticeship in legal administration, with the opportunity to progress to the level 3 advanced apprenticeship in legal services. The training will be delivered in house, offering a day's induction in the programme and then 13 week programme on the legal environment with a day's teaching and short activities to be submitted for marking and feedback. Monthly visits/support from ITC appointed assessor.
After you have completed the one-year apprenticeship, the shining stars among you will be invited to apply for the second phase of the programme - bpl advanced pathway to consolidate their learning and development, and a career within their chosen field.
Our aim for you is that you will become an integral part of the firm, and continuing to develop your own expertise in the operational field, be it administration or finance.
Pay and benefits
- Your starting salary will be based on statutory apprenticeship rate, with phased incremental increases as you progress
- 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship qualifications
- All training costs fully funded
What to expect
If you are one of the ambitious people we're looking for, here's what you can expect. To begin with, you'll learn the ropes as an office assistant, and - from your first day - you'll be assigned a friendly, helpful mentor who will support you and give a solid introduction to the legal world. Before too long you'll be talking the language and finding your way around the heart of business. At that point you'll begin your studies.
A bpl training programme is much more than just a job, it offers you the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications within a legal environment, without fees and loans, and provides you the start a very promising - and rewarding career. We will fund your qualification alongside the day job and we're looking for committed young people who could become our stars of the future.
Who are bpl looking for
We are looking for bright ambitious school leavers who have decided to pursue a vocational rather than academic (uni) route. You need to have high levels of motivation, be ambitious without being arrogant, and be as confident dealing with clients as you are studying a textbook, possessing excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - is a vital skill. You'll be willing to work hard and not afraid to ask questions. That means you have to have a good attitude to hard work, and it also means you need to fit with our culture.
As well as demonstrating a passion for working in a legal environment and sharing our values, you will need to show the drive and determination to succeed in what can be a demanding sector.
How to apply
You will need to download the apprenticeship application form and find further application details here.
- Location: Banbury
- Entry requirements: GCSE / Scottish or equivalent
Brethertons LLP are a forward looking, award winning, leading regional firm of solicitors with offices in Warwickshire and Oxfordshire. Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, we guarantee excellence in the delivery of our legal services and are proactive and forward thinking in our approach.