On this page you will find details of legal apprenticeship positions available at various law firms and organisations. The page is updated as and when we are made aware of new positions. Please keep checking back to find out about new opportunities.
For more on what it's all about, see our "What is a legal apprenticeship?" page.
Current apprenticeships available at:
- Kennedys LLP
- Harrison Clark Rickerbys LLP
- bpl solicitors
- Brethertons LLP
- Field Fisher Waterhouse
- Salary: Dependent on location
- Location: London, Chelmsford, Manchester and Sheffield
- Closing Date 18 April 2014
- Start Date 15 September 2014
Kennedys is a top 30 leading law firm and is recognised both nationally and internationally. It is known for its expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries.
Kennedys are offering legal apprenticeships designed to help springboard you into a successful career in the legal world. If you are an A-level leaver or equivalent, you will have the opportunity to join the firm on a structured programme which combines work-based learning through support from Kennedys with academic learning through CILEx Law School, gaining nationally recognised qualifications. Our apprenticeship is made up of two phases:
- A two year Advanced Apprenticeship in Legal Services
- A two year Higher Apprenticeship in Legal Services.
During the apprenticeship you will be immersed in the legal work carried out by Kennedys - assisting lawyers with their cases, having your own responsibilities within the team, carrying out legal research and building relationships with clients.
Find out more about the opportunities via the following links:
- Salary: National minimum wage during training/market rate once ILEX course completed
- Location: All offices - state which office(s) you are interested in working in.
- Entry requirements: Four GCSEs, which must include English, plus at least two other academic subjects. All GCSEs must be at grade C or above.
You will need to complete a probationary period. Then if everyone is happy, alongside your job you will enrol on the ILEX Level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice – attending college (e.g. Worcester College of Technology) on a part-time basis for two years, or possibly via distance learning which takes 15 to 18 months. This course starts every September. Your training will be paid for by Harrison Clark (subject to certain terms and conditions).
How do I apply?
- Salary: Will be based on statutory apprenticeship rate, with phased incremental increases as you progress
- Location: Dorchester
- Apprenticeship level: Level 2 intermediate apprenticeship in legal administration, with the opportunity to progress to the level 3 advanced apprenticeship in legal services.
- Entry requirements: At least five GCSEs at A* to B grade or be expecting to gain at least three A levels at A* to B grade
Specialist conveyancing firm bpl, the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) and Vision Apprentices have teamed up to be able to offer the new level 2 intermediate apprenticeship in legal administration, with the opportunity to progress to the level 3 advanced apprenticeship in legal services. The training will be delivered in house, offering a day's induction in the programme and then 13 week programme on the legal environment with a day's teaching and short activities to be submitted for marking and feedback. Monthly visits/support from ITC appointed assessor.
After you have completed the one-year apprenticeship, the shining stars among you will be invited to apply for the second phase of the programme - bpl advanced pathway to consolidate their learning and development, and a career within their chosen field.
Our aim for you is that you will become an integral part of the firm, and continuing to develop your own expertise in the operational field, be it administration or finance.
Pay and benefits
- Your starting salary will be based on statutory apprenticeship rate, with phased incremental increases as you progress
- 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship qualifications
- All training costs fully funded
What to expect
If you are one of the ambitious people we're looking for, here's what you can expect. To begin with, you'll learn the ropes as an office assistant, and - from your first day - you'll be assigned a friendly, helpful mentor who will support you and give a solid introduction to the legal world. Before too long you'll be talking the language and finding your way around the heart of business. At that point you'll begin your studies.
A bpl training programme is much more than just a job, it offers you the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications within a legal environment, without fees and loans, and provides you the start a very promising - and rewarding career. We will fund your qualification alongside the day job and we're looking for committed young people who could become our stars of the future.
Who are bpl looking for
We are looking for bright ambitious school leavers who have decided to pursue a vocational rather than academic (uni) route. You need to have high levels of motivation, be ambitious without being arrogant, and be as confident dealing with clients as you are studying a textbook, possessing excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - is a vital skill. You'll be willing to work hard and not afraid to ask questions. That means you have to have a good attitude to hard work, and it also means you need to fit with our culture.
As well as demonstrating a passion for working in a legal environment and sharing our values, you will need to show the drive and determination to succeed in what can be a demanding sector.
How to apply
You will need to download the apprenticeship application form and find further application details here.
- Location: Banbury
- Entry requirements: GCSE / Scottish or equivalent
Brethertons LLP are a forward looking, award winning, leading regional firm of solicitors with offices in Warwickshire and Oxfordshire. Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, we guarantee excellence in the delivery of our legal services and are proactive and forward thinking in our approach.
How to apply
- Salary: £16,000
- Location: London
- Salary: £10,390
- Commencing: September 2014
- Location: Leeds and Bradford
- Closing date: 23 March 2014
- Apprenticeship level: Level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice (years one and two), followed by Level 6 Professional Higher Diploma in Law and Practice (years three and four)
- Entry requirements: Be predicted to obtain or have gained three or more A levels at grade B or above in academic subjects this summer