Woodsford Litigation Funding Limited - Paralegal
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Salary: £30,000
- Job type: Maternity cover for 12 months (and the possibility of a permanent role)
- Location: West London
Qualification: Law and/or LPC graduate
Experience: At least 12 months experience with a recognised litigation team at a City or international law firm
Woodsford Litigation Funding is looking for a talented paralegal with commercial litigation experience to join our dynamic team in West London. We seek a flexible team player who will have an important role in all aspects of the business, including in relation to:
The entire lifecycle of our investments
- Due diligence of the cases brought to us, in particular review of the legal merits, prospects of success, realistic quantum, own-costs budgeting, potential adverse costs liability, counterparty risk, and enforcement strategy
- Helping to negotiate funding terms
- Support in relation to meetings with our Investment Advisory Panel, which includes some of the most senior and well-respected figures in the international litigation community
- Monitoring ongoing cases and advising on strategy, settlement etc.
Marketing and origination
- Working closely with our Head of marketing and business development and CEO to execute and co-ordinate our sales and marketing plan
- Providing effective marketing support to all of our executives
- Updating and maintaining our website and other promotional materials
- Developing and maintaining our social media presence.
The right candidate will be a law and/or LPC graduate with litigation experience, from any common law or civil law jurisdiction, with commercial acumen and a demonstrable interest in litigation funding. We have a diverse, international portfolio, which includes UK, European, US and offshore litigation, and international arbitration (ICC, ICSID, etc.), with a variety of subject matters, including commercial contracts, intellectual property, high value divorce and class actions. A willingness to be involved in such a variety of matters is essential.
Enquiries with a covering letter and CV to Lynda Aziz, Investment officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Woodsford Litigation Funding
Woodsford Litigation Funding is a private UK company incorporated in 2010. We provide non-recourse funding of litigation/arbitration costs/expenses for:
- those with a strong case, but without the financial muscle to pursue it; and
- businesses who wish to hedge risk and mitigate the detrimental effect of lengthy litigation/arbitration on cash flow.
In return for investing in a case we receive an agreed share of the proceeds recovered.
We fund at any stage of a claim and in most jurisdictions around the world.
Conduct of the case remains with the party’s legal team.
We will share risk/reward with lawyers and can provide ATE (after the event) insurance.
Woodsford Litigation Funding is a founder member of the UK’s self-regulatory body – the Association of Litigation Funders.