Folkestone & Hythe District Council - Solicitor apprenticeship
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Location: Kent Kent
- Salary: National minimum wage
- Entry requirements: 3 A Levels grade B or above or equivalent or predicted
- Closing date: Sunday 21 July 2019
Want to qualify as a solicitor without any student debt? This is an outstanding opportunity not to be missed! As a solicitor apprentice, you will be working within a dedicated in-house legal team.
You will also have a sharp eye for accuracy, the ability to develop the skillset to manage a mixed caseload, priorities and deadlines effectively, and excellent communication and people skills. But above all else, if you’re a team player with the flexibility, initiative and drive to not only contribute to the success of our team but to the entire council, then we want to hear from you.
Our solicitor apprentice will work in the legal services team of the council over the six-year period.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Progressing legal matters and transactions
- Applying legal knowledge and commercial judgement to produce solutions which meet the council’s corporate objectives
- Deploying the full range of legal skills – research, interviewing and advising, negotiation, drafting, communicating orally and in writing
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with officers from the council and members of the public
- Managing yourself and your work effectively
- Working with the legal team to complete transaction processes
- Processing contracts, amending documents where necessary, and ensuring that files are kept up to date
- Assisting with drafting.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions.