Launch your legal career with this exciting opportunity at modern law firm, Clarion Solicitors. You will be working within a dynamic and fast paced costs team based within a leading law firm in Leeds. You will be dealing with all aspects of costs within the Court of Protection field.
The team require a highly motivated individual who will undertake and be responsible for the following:
- Engage in a review of client files and extract the required information in order to prepare both short form and detailed bills of costs for assessment by the court.
- Advising clients on their legal positions and costs recovery.
- ‘File Opening’ procedures, which involves completing client inception forms for all new matters that come into the costs team on a daily basis.
- Assist with administration of client debts and taking the required steps in ensuring that payments are received.
- Reviewing and responding to client emails, providing the required information and monitoring the emails in various mail boxes and ensuring that all tasks have been actioned.
- Verbally communicating with clients in an effective manner.
- Production of spreadsheets to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data.
- Undertake legal research and prepare articles and blogs to be posted on the Clarion Costs Blog website and social media profiles. Be able to competently use Microsoft word, Excel and Powerpoint software to format and present high-quality documents and presentations.
- Management of an online diary system and use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Attend meetings, seminars and events as and when required to do so.
- Management of online and paper filing systems.
- General administrative tasks as requested (eg, photocopying and filing).
- To actively participate in a development plan which will be agreed with the line manager.
- To achieve personal appraisal targets as agreed with the line manager.
Excellent level of numeracy and literacy – maths and English GCSE (Grade C or above).
Strong interest in:
- gaining employability training;
- gaining business and administration knowledge and skills;
- working in a legal environment;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- be able and willing to follow instructions;
- work under supervision initially and work independently;
- ability to work with detailed accuracy and speed;
- be able to multi-task as priorities change;
- adhere to all company policies, processes and procedures;
- excellent work ethic and attendance; and
- commitment to completing the apprenticeship.