Quality Solicitors Lockings - Chartered legal executive apprenticeship
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Location: York York
- Salary: National minimum wage
- Entry requirements: Must have GCSEs grade C or above, including English and Maths and 3 A-Levels at grade C or above.
- Closing date: Thursday 31 January 2019
Do you have an interest in law? If so, we have a trainee paralegal vacancy with Quality Solicitors Lockings in the Residential Conveyancing team at their York office. Quality Solicitors Lockings is a growing regional law firm – large enough to have a sound regional presence but small enough to recognise talent and encourage progression. The York office has a strong commercial client base. The right candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to work with a wide range of clients and professionals. The role would suit a candidate with A levels looking for their first position in law or a candidate wishing to retrain in the legal profession. As part of the apprenticeship, you will study the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Conveyancing with the possibility of further progression. The firm would also consider applications from Law Graduates who could study a CILEx Graduate Fast-track apprenticeship which would lead to qualification as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, fully funded by the firm.
General description of duties
1. To assist the Team Head including:
carrying out client due diligence including ensuring client care documentation correctly completed, verifying identification and source of funds
making/receiving a high volume of telephone calls to progress transactions, providing general updates/answering routine enquiries (without giving legal advice) to/from clients, other solicitors and legitimately interested third parties who have the appropriate authority from the client (e.g. brokers and agents).
preparing a file for completion including dealing with completion including preparation of CHAPS payments and finalising completion statements
preparing a file for exchange including preparation of invoice and completion statement and dealing with the exchange
dealing with routine correspondence and emails, memoranda, documents and standard forms
- Checking and reporting to client on mortgage offers and dealing with any special conditions of the loan
- dealing with sales enquiries (freehold and leasehold) including management pack reviews
- Drafting preliminary reports
- Dealing with apportionments for completion
- Speaking to clients regarding the above
2. To operate departmental systems.
3. To maintain files in accordance with office standards and procedures.
4. To make and receive telephone calls from clients, other solicitors and third parties as necessary, and in doing so to answer routine enquiries (without giving legal advice).
5. To undertake such training as may be appropriate.
6. To comply with the requirements of the office manual and the LEXCEL requirements.
7. Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information.
Excellent typing skills, an ability and willingness to adapt to IT.
Confident telephone manner.
Excellent IT skills and ability to use Word, Excel and develop skills in Case Management Systems
Integrity, precision and common sense.