Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP - Litigation paralegal
- Job type: Paralegal
- Location: London London
- Closing date: Sunday 3 March 2019
- Vacancies: 2
Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP (RCB) is currently looking to recruit at least two paralegals to work in our London office in the heart of the City. We are a niche insurance practice with expertise in professional indemnity. Read more about the firm at www.rcbllp.com
The successful candidates will be given first-class training and will be handling their own caseloads and will be responsible for achieving the best possible outcomes for RCB’s clients. Their caseloads will include both claims handling and more complex litigation. The candidates will need strong academics, ideally with some relevant claims handling and legal work experience. However, successful LPC graduates or equivalent ILEX exams will equally be considered.
The role offers excellent progression prospects for the right candidates. RCB have always recruited their trainee solicitors from their paralegals.
The successful candidate will demonstrate technical and commercial expertise to deliver results within required time frames, managing cases and working to deadlines, processing matters in a timely manner. If this sounds of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you!
- Progress caseload to resolution through active preparation; specifically litigation.
- Communicate with team leader as appropriate to ensure matters progressing as necessary.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practice.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the firm’s direction and client needs.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
- A strong academic background with a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion) or equivalent ILEX exams.
- Successful completion of your LPC or BPTC.
- Proactive and prepared to work independently and intelligently exercise own judgment with minimal supervision always adopting a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail to produce work/documentation which is consistently of a high standard.
- Capable of taking a collaborative and collegiate approach to matters, recognising that one can always learn new skills as well as imparting knowledge to others.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter direct to Antony.Halling@rcbllp.com. The closing date is 3 March 2019 (but may be sooner so apply as soon as possible).