Lightfoots Solicitors - Conveyancing paralegals
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
- Hours: 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Lightfoots is a long established firm of solicitors in Thame with a very diverse client base.
We require conveyancing paralegals for our property team in both commercial and residential. Supporting fee earners in dealing with new instructions on receipt and working on those instructions through pre and post completion.
Experience of either commercial or residential conveyancing is essential.
Duties to include:
- Preparation of contracts and supporting documents
- Registering applications on the Land registry for completed purchases and remortgages
- Title checking
- Registering applications on Companies House
- Deal with all enquiries from Companies House and Land Registry
- Updating reports on Excel spreadsheets on all commercial and bridging loan cases
- Chasing solicitors by email, telephone and letters
- Issuing contracts and exchanges
- Working on files when they are due to complete; i.e doing report on titles, reporting to funders
- Handling completion monies
- Using case management systems for different matters
- Preparing invoices and lodging all fees and bills to the accounts department
- Checking official copy documents
- Admin support to fee earners
- Liaising with clients and any other third parties as necessary
- IT Literacy
- High level of numeracy – spreadsheets
- Clear and concise written and spoken English
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Teamworker and able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Benefits with service
Open plan office
To apply, please email your CV to Lesley Parke at firstname.lastname@example.org.