Mills & Reeve LLP - Paralegal - real estate
- Location: Cambridge Cambridge
- Closing date: Friday 27 July 2018
What does the role involve?
We are looking for a highly motivated paralegal, to learn from and support Partner David Roberts.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain first class experience supporting a team delivering complex residential led development projects for ‘blue chip’ PLC housebuilders.
Recent and ongoing projects include:
- advising Lendlease in relation to its £1.5 billion regeneration of Elephant Park with sites at One The Elephant, Trafalgar Place and South Gardens;
- advising Hill Residential on the disposal of units at the Athena development, Eddington, the first phase of residential development at Cambridge University’s major urban extension to Cambridge; and
- acting on behalf of a national developer on site set up and unit disposals on residential led schemes at 12 locations across London.
The role will include:
- assisting with the disposal of high-value new build residential properties to purchasers in the UK and the overseas market;
- working closely with in-house legal teams at leading housebuilders and providing support in client meetings and conference calls;
- supporting senior lawyers in the team with the site set-up of complex residential development sites.
Why should I apply?
This is a great opportunity to develop your career with a top level law firm.
The firm has been named for as record fifteenth year running, as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times’ annual survey, and is one of only a small number of organisations nationally to have achieved a listing for 15 years running, and the only UK law firm.
We are absolutely thrilled to have been named joint winners of RollOnFriday Firm of the Year for 2018!
The Real Estate NSL is a large and thriving business and a core part of the Firm providing almost 30% of the Firm's turnover. The work is varied and challenging. The NSL has a flexible team structure to ensure each fee earner has diverse and interesting work and you will have an opportunity to work with other partners across the NSL and get involved with other types of property work to ensure you get the development you need to progress your legal career.
What experience is required?
You will have a very strong academic background and a willingness to learn.
What skills and attributes do I need?
- 2.1 degree or equivalent and good A levels or equivalents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude to work
- Good time and file management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A confident personality and good sense of humour
What else should I know?
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive
environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Please visit our website for further information regarding our diversity policy.
For more information and to apply, visit https://my.corehr.com/pls/mrrecruit/erq_jobspec_details_form.jobspec?p_id=003806.