Johns & Saggar LLP - Charity and property law paralegal
- Salary: £20,000 pa
- Job type: Full-time (6 month contract)
- Location: London
- Closing date: Wednesday 20 September 2017
Full time paid paralegal position for six month fixed term contract in a busy boutique/specialist Central London law firm at its office in High Holborn, London. Nearest tube station is Chancery Lane.
***THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR A TRAINING CONTRACT AFTER EXPIRATION OF THE SIX MONTH PARALEGAL CONTRACT FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WHO DEMONSTRATES EXEMPLARY SKILLS***
The paralegal will be required to work directly with charity and property law partners. Charity law tasks will include reviewing charity and not-for-profit organisations’ governing documents, preparation of policies and procedures, drafting witness statements, preparing bundles and assisting in Litigation cases. Property work will mainly consist of conducting title investigations and drafting title reports, undertaking searches, preparing land registry and HMRC applications.
The paralegal be expected to attend client meetings alongside a partner, and in instances and under supervision, deal with clients and opposing lawyers direct. They will also be required to provide general administrative support to designated solicitors plus general offices duties such as photocopying and file management.
- Candidate must have passed all modules of the LPC.
- Competency in I.T.
- Excellent file management skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to deal with routine matters on own initiative and without supervision.
- Fluent ability in written and spoken English is essential. Fluent ability in written and spoken Arabic is not essential, but is a distinct advantage in view of our international clientele.
- Previous experience in charity and property law is desirable but not essential.
Applications to be made by email attaching a one page tailored covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Non tailored applications will be ignored. Interviews will be conducted at the firm’s office during the week commencing 25 September 2017.