- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Winchester Winchester
- Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£38m and 400 staff – including more than 250 fee earners – across its four offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.
The team deals with set ups and sales, purchases, staircasing, re-sales, right to buys, replies to enquiries, lease extensions, deeds of variation/rectification, transfers of equity and re-mortgages. This role will be working as part of the busy and supportive plot sales and asset management team within real estate alongside six others, reporting into a team leader and team manager and a partner.
Main duties and responsibilities
- file opening
- initial letters
- file closures
- deeds scheduling
- replying to enquiries
- issuing plot sales papers
- assisting case advisors and case manager with plot sales matters and admin support such as obtaining title and planning documents, estate layout plan approval and compliance certificates
- assist senior case handlers and case advisors with post-completion and plot sales work, land registry applications and bankruptcy searches
- continue to carry out their existing duties as well as the administrative functions of the role
Candidates should ideally have:
- be educated to degree standard;
- current/recent real estate/commercial property/social housing experience (is an advantage but not essential);
- good drafting skills;
- good communication skills;
- good administration skills; and
- good IT skills.
Candidates will however be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are proactive; and
- are self-motivated.
Candidates should be aware:
- as part of the interview process there will be a written test, details of which will be provided to those candidates the firm calls for interview; and
- the firm is only able to respond to candidates we call for interview.
Candidates should be available to start immediately, or as soon as possible, and if you are interested in applying for this position please apply by sending your covering letter and CV via the vacancies section on our website at www.capsticks.com.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.