Capsticks Solicitors LLP - Paralegal - clinical law department
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Salary: £22,000 pa
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Wimbledon, London
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.30pm
Capsticks is independently rated by The Legal 500 and Chambers Directory as one of the leading providers of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has over 390 staff including over 250 fee earners across its 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester. The firm acts for over 200 clients in both public and private sectors, including all forms of NHS provider and commissioner organisations, the Department of Health, the NHSLA, regulatory bodies, charities, independent healthcare providers, housing associations, medical malpractice insurers and defence organisations.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing Top 100 law firm that prides itself on being able to offer top quality work, excellent career prospects and a healthy work life balance in a supportive working environment.
Further details on the partners and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.
The Clinical Law department comprises 76 fee earners over three offices (Wimbledon, Leeds and Birmingham). Further details on the partners in the department and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist a busy team. The main role and responsibilities will include helping a partner and solicitors with a range of tasks on their cases including (although, this is not an exhaustive list):-
- reviewing and drafting witness statements;
- drafting instructions to experts;
- drafting instructions to counsel;
- liaison with clients, courts, witnesses and NHS Trusts;
- reviewing medical records;
- analyzing evidence received in order to advise the client;
- running a small portfolio of own cases with the assistance of an automated IT system; and
- drafting reports to the client. Supervision, support and relevant training will be provided although the successful applicant will also be encouraged, where appropriate, to use their own initiative.
Candidates should ideally have:
- an LPC or BVC qualification (LPC would be preferred but is not essential);
- strong IT skills;
- current/recent healthcare experience;
- experience of navigating medical records and identifying key documentation;
- proven experience of handling own caseload;
- ability to adhere to and manage deadlines;
- good drafting and writing skills;
- good communication skills; and
- good administration skills.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are proactive; and
- are self-motivated.
Candidates must ideally be available to start immediately (or within one month) and if you are interested in applying for this position please apply by sending your covering letter and CV via the vacancies section on our website at www.capsticks.com.
Candidates should be aware:
- as part of the interview process there will be a written test, details of which will be provided to those candidates the firm calls for interview; and
- the firm is only able to respond to candidates we call for interview.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.