Dechert Aspiring Solicitors vacation scheme event
Want to read this article later?
Just tap MyLCN+ to save it to your account
- Date: 16/01/2018
- Location: London
- Venue: Dechert, London
- Time: 10:30
At Dechert, our mission in the area of diversity and inclusion is: to maintain an inclusive environment that cultivates and values different backgrounds and perspectives in order to serve our employees, clients and communities; to harness the power of difference to enrich our firm and our relationships with clients by offering diverse teams of talented, productive professionals; to create equal and fair access to all aspects of firm life which reflects the diversity of the world in which we practice; and to uphold our commitment to diversity by being a leader in the field through innovative initiatives and sustained diligence.
To gain a real-life insight into this mission, Dechert invites aspiring solicitors from all under-represented groups to an Open Day to be held in its London office on Tuesday 16 January 2017. During the day you will meet partners, associates, and members of the graduate recruitment and trainee development team over a networking lunch and during a diversity panel discussion. You’ll hear directly from trainees about their paths into law and life as a trainee solicitor during a trainee panel discussion. You’ll also receive tips on Dechert’s application and selection process.
By the end of the day you will leave the firm with a clear idea of what it’s like to work at Dechert, have a feel for the culture of the office, and will be armed with tips on making a successful application.
We look forward to seeing you there!
This event will take place on Tuesday 16 January 2018 from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
To apply for this event you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- Not have previously attended an event with the firm (whether with Aspiring Solicitors, another organisation, or independently);
- Want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm;
- Be on track to secure or have secured at least a 2:1 degree qualification; and
- Be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme at the firm (penultimate year law and final year non-law students onwards).
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 3 January at 10am. No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the firm;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.