The time has come for me to leave LCN blogging. It has been an absolutely fantastic experience and a career-building opportunity. If you ever have the chance to write blogs here, please go for it!
My final thoughts for all potential and current law students are as follows:
- Be kind. Be kind to your peers, lecturers and (most importantly) yourself.
- Last-minute night-before cramming does not work! Create a long-term revision schedule.
- Like Rome, your legal career won't be built in a day. Take tiny steps to keep moving forward.
- Gaining legal work experience does not necessarily mean vacation schemes or mini pupillages. Keep an open mind and look for alternative experiences, such as charity work.
- Accept help (I am my own worst enemy for not doing this!).
- Our eyes are bigger than our bellies. Try not to overload your timetable and/or commitments.
- Have faith in your ability to be resilient and succeed!
I wish everyone the best for the future!